Spectra DF-500™ Disinfectant
Kills Coronavirus and Other Harmful Pathogens
Spectra DF-500 by SpectraShield Technologies is a 2-part, aqueous-based disinfectant that is EPA registered as a virucide, bactericide, fungicide, decontaminant, deodorizer, algaecide, and mildewstat. The formulation:
- kills pathogenic organisms including bacteria, viruses, algae, and fungi
- utilizes mild ingredients for very low toxicity and corrosivity
- is an excellent deodorizer
- can be applied as a foam, liquid spray, or mist
- works for both porous and non-porous surfaces
How does Spectra DF-500 work?
Spectra DF-500 contains surfactants, mild solvents, inorganic salts, hydrogen peroxide, and water. The surfactants soften the cell walls of pathogens which allows the activated peroxide to penetrate to the interior for complete destruction. This unique formulation of mild ingredients works together to kill persistent pathogens. Extensive testing includes:
- Viruses: SARS-CoV-2, Norovirus, H1N1, Influenza A & B, and Emerging Viral Pathogen (EPA List N)
- Bacteria: Listeria, Pseudomonas, Salmonella, Staph Aureus (MRSA and VISA) Staph Epidermidis, Enterobacter aerogenes, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiella, pneumoniae, VRE.
- Fungus: Aspergillus Niger, Penicillium, Trichophyton
Why is Spectra DF-500 a superior disinfectant for SARS-CoV-2 as compared to many other products?
The detergents, inorganic salts, and mild solvents in Spectra DF-500 cut through the organic material, soils, bodily fluids, and the viral lipid and protein envelopes to allow the hydrogen peroxide in Spectra DF-500 to reach the virus and destroy it. Because SARS-CoV-2 transmission and survivability is exceptional, Spectra DF-500’s ability to penetrate organic soils and bodily fluids allow the dual active ingredients of Hydrogen Peroxide and ADBAC to reach the virus for a complete kill. Spectra DF-500 has unique properties that are not found in other commonly used disinfectants. While other disinfectants perform well in controlled laboratory environments, Spectra DF-500 outperforms the competition in real-world applications and gets results.
The mild ingredients in Spectra DF-500 give it very low toxicity and corrosivity properties. It is odor-free after application, making it safe for people and property. Spectra DF-500 is also biodegradable and does not harm the environment.