Spectra DF-200™ Disinfectant
Destroys Harmful Pathogens and Toxic Chemicals
Spectra DF-200 by SpectraShield Technologies is a three-part aqueous-based disinfectant that can rapidly neutralize highly toxic chemicals and biological materials. The formulation:
- neutralizes highly toxic chemicals
- kills pathogenic organisms including bacteria, viruses, algae, and fungi
- utilizes mild ingredients for very low toxicity and corrosivity
- can be applied as a foam, liquid spray, or mist
- works for both porous and non-porous surfaces
How does Spectra DF-200 work?
Spectra DF-200 contains surfactants, mild solvents, inorganic salts, hydrogen peroxide, a hydrogen peroxide activator, and water. The surfactants soften the cell walls of pathogens which allows the activated peroxide to penetrate to the interior for complete destruction. This unique formulation of mild ingredients works together to kill persistent pathogens. Extensive testing includes:
- Viruses: SARS-CoV-2, Norovirus, H1N1, Influenza A & B, and Emerging Viral Pathogen (EPA List N)
- Bacteria: Listeria, Pseudomonas, Salmonella, Staph Aureus (MRSA and VISA) Staph Epidermidis, Enterobacter aerogenes, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiella, pneumoniae, VRE.
- Fungus: Aspergillus Niger, Penicillium, Trichophyton
Why is Spectra DF-200 a superior disinfectant for SARS-CoV-2 as compared to many other products?
The detergents, inorganic salts, and mild solvents in Spectra DF-200 cut through the organic material, soils, bodily fluids, and the viral lipid and protein envelopes to allow the hydrogen peroxide in Spectra DF-200 to reach the virus and destroy it. Because SARS-CoV-2 transmission and survivability is exceptional, Spectra DF-200’s ability to penetrate organic soils and bodily fluids allow the dual active ingredients of Hydrogen Peroxide and ADBAC to reach the virus for a complete kill. Spectra DF-200 has unique properties that are not found in other commonly used disinfectants. While other disinfectants perform well in controlled laboratory environments, Spectra DF-200 outperforms the competition in real-world applications and gets results.
The mild ingredients in Spectra DF-200 give it very low toxicity and corrosivity properties. It is odor-free after application, making it safe for people and property. Spectra DF-200 is also biodegradable and does not harm the environment.
- Product Information Sheet
- Safety Data Sheet (Part A)
- Safety Data Sheet (Part B)
- DF-200 Test Results from Sandia National Laboratories
- Rapid Inactivation of SARS-like Coronaviruses (Sandia Labs)